Ecommerce and Retail Management Solutions
One Application, One Database, One Vendor
Job DescriptionCORESense, Inc. is looking for a software industry expert to join our team as Chief Architect. In this role, you will work in a team environment developing CORESense's technology vision and strategy and align it to evolving business priorities and growth strategies. You will foster innovation, coding and design standards, and develop our architectural roadmap. You should be an excellent communicator and be able to strongly collaborate with Product Management, Development Leads and QA leads. The Chief Architect reports to the COO.
Major responsibilities and duties include the following:
- Technical leader in all phases of the product development cycle including requirements analysis, conceptual design, project estimation, detailed design, software construction and deployment.
- Manage the strategic technical directions and plans for implementation within the development team.
- Facilitate and lead the core development process as well as ensure proper interaction with existing CORESense technology and selected add-on technologies.
- Primary mission is the continual improvement of development effectiveness in your area of coverage.
- Assists in the functional analysis.
- Defines the technical architecture.
- Performs high-level and mid-level designs.
- Performs prototyping of new ideas/designs.
- Estimates development effort.
- Performs design reviews and code inspections.
- Keeps up-to-date with evolving technologies and infrastructure development.
- Assists in the complex detailed design and programming.
- Responsible for overall design and code quality of the Altitude products.
- Ensures that the development follows CORESense architectural and development standards and objectives.
- Act as a technical resource person for the project teams.
- Writes required technical documents (Design documents, API specs, etc.).
- Analyzes the user and software requirements and communicates as required with the customer team.
- Any other related duties as may be assigned.
- At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in Software Engineering.
- At least 15 years experience in software development and maintenance.
- At least 5 years in leadership roles across the range of software development.
- Hands on experience in complex systems application architecture and design.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in providing technical leadership and coordination.
- Experience with test driven development and agile methodology an asset.
- Ability to mentor new technologies and champion ideas throughout the development organization.
- Background in operational research an asset.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Base Salary
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Health Care/Dental Benefits
- Stock Options
Working Conditions and Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Corrected hearing and vision to normal range; frequent verbal communications. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job posted: 5/8/2008
"I was impressed at how CORESense was everything we needed in one solution. It wasn't necessary to piece together our business with software X doing this function, and software Y doing this other function."
"CORESense provides the tools, expertise and best practices to help us succeed. They are an amazing company and two steps ahead of the market with their features and functionality."