Ecommerce and Retail Management Solutions
One Application, One Database, One Vendor
Product Manager, eCommerce
Job DescriptionAs the product manager for eCommerce, you will be responsible for understanding the business problems within the key retail segments CORESense serves, prioritizing requirements to solve those business problems, and communicating requirements to the development team so they may build solutions that fit the needs. This role is crucial to the successful delivery of products that consistently exceed customer expectations.
The product manager 'owns' market requirements and prioritization and is looked to as the voice of the market. As such, it's crucial for the product manager to understand overall market and competitive trends as well as individual buyer and user needs. You must possess a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You will be focused on managing and creating product capabilities that will allow small to mid-sized retailers to build and grow effective eCommerce businesses. This includes managing all of the eCommerce Website, eBay, Amazon and comparison shopping engine capabilities that CORESense has to offer. This will also include working with a variety of value-added partners who provide complementary capabilities that will deliver greater value to CORESense clients. Major responsibilities and duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
|% of Time|
|1. Voice of the market
|2. Product champion
|3. Manage the product RO
Competencies/SkillsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to take direction but act independently
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish instant rapport
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- Able to articulate complex concepts in an meaningful and understandable way
- High degree of creativity and problem-solving ability
- Able to set and manage priorities
- Able to define and achieve objectives
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point Skills
- Internet savvy with a solid understanding of Website and eCommerce principles
- Three or more years in driving a successful eCommerce site
- Experience with eBay, Amazon and other commerce sites
- Experience with comparison shopping engines
- Solid understanding of Web analytics and visitor to buyer conversion
- Solid understanding of SEO
- Ability to gather and document business and user requirements
- Previous experience in retail management
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related technical field
CompensationCompensation will be comprised of a base salary and performance bonus tied to individual and company goals.
TravelThere will be some travel required such as customer visits, analyst briefings, and various trade shows up to 25% of the time.
Job posted: 06/10/2008
"I was impressed at how CORESense was everything we needed in one solution. It wasn't necessary to piece together our business with software X doing this function, and software Y doing this other function."
"CORESense provides the tools, expertise and best practices to help us succeed. They are an amazing company and two steps ahead of the market with their features and functionality."