Ecommerce and Retail Management Solutions
One Application, One Database, One Vendor
Software Application Engineer III
Job DescriptionTranslates a defined business requirement into a software solution in an integrated product environment following industry best practices and applying a wide degree of creativity. Designs, modifies, develops, writes, implements, and supports software programming applications. Participates in the testing process through initial testing, test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software. Performs a variety of complicated tasks and solves uniquely complex issues in an environment providing great latitude for designing effective client solutions. May lead and direct the work of others. Reports directly to a project lead or manager.
Major responsibilities and duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
|Responsibilities||% of Time|
|1. Designs, modifies, develops, writes, implements, and supports software programming applications to meet a defined business requirement into a software solution in an integrated product environment.||30%|
|2. Participates in the testing process through initial testing, test review and analysis, test witnessing, and certification of software. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions to the problems.||20%|
|3. Performs a variety of complicated tasks and solves uniquely complex issues which may require extensive research and analysis. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.||20%|
|4. May assist in performing on-site client work on complex assignments.||10%|
|5. Participate in project and product design meetings.||10%|
|6. Lead and direct the work of others on a project basis.||10%|
Competencies/SkillsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passionate about solving problems with technology
- Excited to be on the cutting edge and paving the way of the future
- Resourceful and able to find information quickly
- Respect for best practices and efficiency of software and process
- Applies and appreciates wit and sarcasm as creativity stimuli
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Self Motivated
- Intolerance for mediocrity; expects and accepts full engagement from other team members
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
- PHP 5.x
- PHP 4.x
- MySQL 4.x (ANSI SQL plus MySQL extensions)
- Linux Shell (bash, csh, etc.) and command knowledge (man, editor, cat/more/less, etc.)
- Linux Administration knowledge (compiling binaries/modules such as Apache, PHP, Apache mods, OpenSSL, etc.) and filesystem structure
- PHP CLI
- HTTP Protocol & SMTP Protocol
- MySQL Configuration/setup expertise
- Apache directive experience (virtual hosts, access restriction, etc.)
- Kernel experience (custom compilation and configuration)
- RAID setup (software and hardware)
- Linux drivers
Experience/Education/Training/or Equivalent Combination
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology Field or equivalent experience
- Several years experience developing PHP/MySQL applications
- 3-6 years of experience in a team development environment
- Knowledge of how components of an application connect to create a comprehensive solution
Working Conditions and Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Corrected hearing and vision to normal range; frequent verbal communications.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Contact with staff and clients.
Job posted: 05/08/2008
"I was impressed at how CORESense was everything we needed in one solution. It wasn't necessary to piece together our business with software X doing this function, and software Y doing this other function."
"CORESense provides the tools, expertise and best practices to help us succeed. They are an amazing company and two steps ahead of the market with their features and functionality."